Thursday, May 16, 2013

Democrats want gun to use tech that doesn't really exist;

because(all together now) "It's for the CHILDREENNN!"

And I guarantee that somewhere in there law enforcement and military will be exempt.


Can you scream "BULLSHIT!"?
Attorney General Eric Holder told the House Judiciary Committee he recused himself from the leak investigation involving sweeping surveillance of the Associated Press because he was a “fact witness,” meaning he had access to the classified data at issue and was questioned about it. But he can’t recall when he recused himself. And it wasn’t in writing. In one of the worst security leaks of which he is aware (he says), he never told the White House (he says) that he took himself out of the loop.
I knew you could.


I have to say, while I generally disapprove of such things, I do sympathize.


The Wall Street Journal set the record straight: "The IRS is many things, but 'independent' isn't one of them. It is formally part of the Treasury Department and is headed by the Commissioner of Internal Revenue, who is appointed by the President. The Commissioner is accountable to the President reporting through the Treasury Secretary."
Hmmm, and as I recall the TS was Little Timmy 'It Was All Turbotax's Fault' Geithner, wasn't he?


And now, having spent the day- among other things- digging six two-foot-deep postholes in somwhat damp clay soil and setting posts, I am now going to go collapse.

3 comments:

Mark/GreyLocke said...

I feel you on the fence post holes. Last time I had to do more than 3 I just rented a power auger. done in 30 minutes and did 17 holes.

Keith said...

Hmmm, on that "smart gun" thing, is there a corrupt relationship there, like there was with the micro stamping crap which was doing the rounds of state houses a few years back?

some politician with shares, or a family member or faithful and fruitful donor in the company which holds the patent?

Firehand said...

Thought about an augur; unfortunately, quarters were tight enough it wouldn't have fit for several of them.

Keith, while it wouldn't surprise me, I think it's mostly a combination of idiots thinking it's real combined with wanting to do it so as to screw with gun owners.