Friday, March 01, 2013

I'd forgotten this quote, then saw it at Borepatch:

 I have been criticized by referring to our federal masked men as 'ninja' ... Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view.
- Col. Jeff Cooper
Every time I see some SWAT/TAC Team/whatever member with a mask on, it bothers me.  One shot was of a officer helping search a neighborhood- in daylight- for an escapee, and I wondered why the damned mask?  He's not a undercover guy taking part in a raid or something, so why hide his face?

Now I hear of another wrong address/wrong person/bad tip raid where someone's dogs are killed 'by procedure', kids terrified, adults thinking they're about to die, I know why they cover their faces.


Quote found at Borepatch

No comments: