Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Don't worry, the police will protect you!"

But don't hold them to that.


Can you say 'abuse of authority'?
I knew you could.
Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley appears to have used his executive power to get the personal emails of citizens with hunting licenses in order to push gun control. The second-term Democrat is using the information in an attempt to divide gun owners to build support for his extremist legislation to abridge Second Amendment rights.


Just a few quotes from the enemy:
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) CBS-TV's "60 Minutes," 2/5/95

"Banning guns is an idea whose time has come."
U.S. Senator Joseph Biden, 11/18/93, Associated Press interview

"Yes, I'm for an outright ban (on handguns)."
Pete Shields, Chairman emeritus, Handgun Control, Inc., during a 60 Minutes
interview.

"We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that. If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime."
Vermont State Senator Mary Ann Carlson

"I am one who believes that as a first step, the United States should move expeditiously to disarm the civilian population, other than police and security officers, of all handguns, pistols, and revolvers... No one should have the right to anonymous ownership or use of a gun."
Professor Dean Morris, Director of Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, stated to the U.S. Congress

"I feel very strongly about it [the Brady Bill]. I think - I also associate myself with the other remarks of the Attorney General. I think it's the beginning. It's not the end of the process by any means."
William J. Clinton, 8/11/93

"The Brady Bill is the minimum step Congress should take...we need much stricter gun control, and eventually should bar the ownership of handguns, except in a few cases."
U.S. Representative William Clay, quoted in the St. Louis Post Dispatch on May 6,
1991.

"I don't believe gun owners have rights."
Sarah Brady, Hearst Newspapers Special Report "Handguns in America", October
1997



Totally unrelated to anything political, Shermlock had a link to this video(probably NSFW a lot of places)


which reminded me of something: ever see The 7 Faces of Dr. Lao?  I think I was about twelve when I saw it, and this scene, well, made an impression

I wasn't sure what it was about Barbara Eden in this, but I liked it.
I still do, for that matter.

2 comments:

Bob S. said...

Fort Worth 911 had a 24 minute complete loss of power this week.

224 calls missed during that time.

Depend on the police to protect you -- when 911 is working.

(oh, the reason for the outage has been determined - multiple systems failure during a test of the system - doesn't that fill you with confidence?)

Anonymous said...

"...wasn't sure what it was about Barbara Eden in this, but I liked it."

At least for me, it was because Barbara Eden was in it.

Would have been better without the Zamfir wannabe, but hey...