My father once told me: son, the single biggest mistake me and your grandad did was to surrender our guns in 1949 when the communists made gun ownership illegal. You paid for our mistake and I am sorry for that.
Now I have a 22 year old son and I am making ANYONE who wants to come to my home take my guns away A PLEDGE:
YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY GUNS. BE READY TO DIE IF YOU TRY AS I AM ALREADY PREPARED TO GIVE MY LIFE TO STOP YOU.
I WILL NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE MY FATHER AND GRANDFATHER DID.
I WILL NOT LET MY SON TO LIVE IN SLAVERY LIKE I DID. I WILL NOT LET HIM RISK HIS LIFE FIGHTING ANOTHER REVOLUTION TO OVERTHROW ANOTHER DICTATOR BECAUSE I WAS A COWARD AND GAVE UP INTO YOUR DEMANDS.
I owe that to my son. And I owe it to all the people who died for liberty in December 1989.
So help me God.
Thank you Senator Feinstein, that line should go down in history with other memorably phrases such as the following:
- We are freeing men from the responsibilities of freedom.
- The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a million is a statistic.
- If any citizen wants to possess arms, let him join the Party.
- All certificates for keeping weapons are therefore invalidated.
- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?
- "Arbeit macht frei" a German phrase meaning "work makes (you) free".