Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A low-level happy dance was done this morning

Needed to do some grocery shopping, and the range isn't too far out of the way, so...

Five rounds of the berdan-primed 7.5x55, standard practice load(155 grain gas-checked Lee bullet, 16.0 grains 2400), all fired successfully with zero sign of gas leakage around the primers(or anywhere else).  In fact, the primers looked just like the factory ones did after firing.

So that means I've got a whole pile of first-class brass for this cartridge that I can use.  Now I need to find some brass 7.62x54r cases and try a couple of them for fit.

2 comments:

Gerry N. said...

Lapua makes exceedingly good Boxer quality Boxer primed brass for the 7.62 R Russian. No need to look for brass Com Bloc stuff. On the other hand if you find some, go for it.

Gerry N.

Firehand said...

I've got some Prvi 7.62 brass picked up over time, and grab every one I find. It's just a case of "Well, if I can use these, I think I'll squirrel them away."