Monday, February 06, 2012

So, once again, DHS is busy with the labels

they say they shouldn't use. But it's ok, because it's against people like us...
But not only does the “lexicon” target constitutionally protected activity, it specifically targets groups based on race, namely “black supremacist extremists” and “white supremacist extremists.” I have absolutely no problem targeting groups promoting violence based on racial supremacist ideology, but if DHS is going to proscribe the use of such terms and promptly turn around and use such — while in the same breath targeting private citizens for exercising their constitutional rights and freedom of speech in violation of DHS’s own standards — needless to say, that’s a serious problem.

It bears mentioning that an earlier incarnation of the DHS lexicon was the subject of criticism from both Democrats and Republicans in Congress for its targeting of “alternative media” and its shockingly broad definition of the “patriot movement.” A DHS spokesman later claimed that the “lexicon” was sent out prematurely.

Which raises the question of why these various “lexicons” published by the federal government exist in the first place.
Might be argued that this only refers to those who facilitate or engage in acts of violence; problem is, these clowns seem to consider us yelling at our congresscritters and/or saying non-pc things about bad guys as 'violence', etc. Do YOU want to trust them not to play with words?


I can't remember where I read it the other day, but I'll borrow: "Fuck you very much, Mr. Commander-in-Chief. Especially since son is shortly heading to A'stan, starting with a truly fucked-up prep for the movement(as in no pre-deployment leave and other idiocies I won't go into right now).


Screw it. It's chilly but the sun is shining and I'm tired; I think I'll find a book and a spot out of the windLink

1 comment:

Milo said...

The 45th ID Museum is a great place. My father was in the 45th and participated in the North Africa, Sicily and Italy invasions. The first time he visited me at Tinker AFB we toured the Museum. We had a great father son day. First time in 30 years I ever saw him weep. First time in 30 years I ever wept with him.