Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"What happens after Atlas shrugs?"

Of course I have a lot of mail on Climategate 2.0 but this came just as I was thinking about incentives for Atlas not merely to shrug but to get his gun. What happens after Atlas Shrugged? Anyway, that’s one reason why this place is just a bit sparse lately. Thanks to all of you who subscribed, and particularly my Patrons and Platinum Club members, I can take a day off to think about what stories Niven and I can tell.

Suppose the Ice is coming back, or there is credible evidence of it; and suppose that can be prevented, but it’s a long term project, not something you can do overnight. You’ll need – well, that’s part of the story. But what happens after Atlas shrugs?
It gets real nasty, real fast.

1 comment:

Irish said...

Thanks for the link.. interesting stuff to say the least.

I have to wonder what this place will look like in the next 10-20-30 years...