Saturday, March 26, 2011

I should note that Dr. Ed Shadid,

one of the people running for City Council, never has answered my last question.

If you're not familiar with this, a while back I sent to him and another candidate asking if they agreed with the CoP that anyone who owns a 'assault weapon' should have to register it. The other guy, Swinton, said he disagreed with the Chief. This is what I got from Shadid:
I apologize in the delay of response. I heard the comments by the Chief and Police and have been thinking a lot about it lately. We need to have a balance between public safety and the right to bear arms. Our constitution was designed to protect rights not take away from them. Let me know if I can ever be of service. Thanks for you questions.
A bothersome answer; usually when a politician says something like that he means "I agree with the Chief but don't have the guts to say it flat-out." So I sent back
Sir, maybe I should have phrased the question differently: do you agree with the Police Chief on this?
And so far no answer at all. Which could mean they're backed up and haven't gotten to it; more likely he just doesn't want to answer a 'yes or no' question on the matter.

No comments: