Saturday, February 12, 2011

Uncle has a piece on situational awareness

and the lack thereof some people have. Two stories I'll throw in:
First, few years back brother-in-law was on his way to work one fine morning and got centerpunched at an intersection. The dumbass who hit him
Never saw the stop sign,
Never saw the guy on the full-dress Harley cruiser,
Never got off the phone, and
Had no idea what she'd hit. She got out of the car was looking at the front of her car- still talking- when she finally noticed him laying in the street, looked at him kind of oddly and asked if he was hurt.*


Second story is from tonight. I was on the bike, on my way home. Yes, the bike is black; it also has effing bright headlights, and running lights, and was on a well-lit street. Dumbass in grocery store parking lot pulls out into the street in front of me. It was one of those "Oh hell, I KNOW he's going to-" and started braking. Dumbass then notices me and stops- blocking two lanes of traffic- and sits there, probably wondering "Where did you come from?"


*My first thought on hearing that story was
"Are you hurt?"
Bang.
"Yes, but I'm feeling better now."

No comments: