Thursday, August 19, 2010

Remember Pelosi's "They should be investigated" statement?

“Well, I spent the afternoon wrapping my mind around Pelosi’s remark about looking into the finances of those who oppose the mosque saying “I want to join with others.” I’d like to know who the others are?(I'd wondered about that myself) Are any of them not institutionalized? And, then I’m trying to decide if her statement was out of malice or pure lunacy. Being the generous spirit that I am, I am going with lunacy… But the idea that those who (oppose) the mosque are some kind of conspiracy or the funding ought to be looked at is absurd. Look, I oppose the mosque and nobody’s offered me a penny. What am I chopped liver?“
She's kind of half-did and half-didn't walk it back, but still insists those nasty people against the mosque need to be investigated; she's now added that the mosque funding should be investigated too.

And personally, I think it was malice.

No comments: