Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Among the reasons I call it NYEffin'C

Greek Orthodox leaders trying to rebuild the only church destroyed in the Sept. 11 terror attacks expressed shock this week after learning, via Fox News, that government officials had killed a deal to relocate the church.
You've got two things here: first is that while these clowns are falling all over themselves to push for the Hamasque(to borrow a phrase I heard somewhere) to be built, they do this to these people. The other is that the arrogant, cowardly little bastards couldn't even be bothered- or were scared to- tell these people; the church had to find it out from a news crew.

Hey, Nanny Bloomberg: you suck even worse than I thought, and that's really not easy.

3 comments:

skidmark said...

According to the full article the kerfuffle is about how high the church and its dome can be on a relocated site, as opposed to no similar restriction being imposed on the mosque. Port Authority and NYC officials are still buttheads, but not for the reason(s) you would have us believe.

BTW - why should the Port Authority give $20Million of taxpayer funds to the church for rebuilding expenses? Somehow that seems to tread heavily on the 1st Amendment, if not outright break it.

stay safe.

Firehand said...

Agreed, I don't think they should be giving money for the rebuilding.

I have to confess, I posted on this without going through the whole article; I need to take more time at times...

Firehand said...

By the way, I confess to just reading the blurb at Gateway before posting; 'as you would have us believe' sounds like you think I was deliberately trying to push a false idea, which is not the case.