Sunday, March 21, 2010

I just made the mistake of turning on channel 13,

the local PBS station, and found that they're doing one of their fundraising weeks.*

Again.

And my timing brought it up in the middle of some doctor whose answer for almost every ill is diet. As in "Meat is bad. Chicken is bad. Fish is bad. Olive oil is bad. Be vegetarian at least, preferably vegan and your health will be wonderful."

The knowledge that money is being taken out of my pocket in taxes to pay for this propaganda just makes the knowledge that the House Soviet is voting to try to steal the rest of my life even more of a pissed-off thing.


*"Yes, we get tax money, but we want even more, so we'll spend a week selling overpriced crap to try to guilt you into giving it to us."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call in on those, ask the phone volunteer monkey if the station still has the Communist Liar Bill Moyers on and if they still get money from the National Endowment For the Arts. Since the answers are still both yes, I tell them that since I deeply disapprove of Communism, and resent even more deeply having money extorted from me at gunpoint to support it, I'd like to have a gift anyway. Most of the volunteer monkeys are taken aback when I explain what I mean. Several times I've gotten one of whatever they're "Giving" away. It goes straight to Good Will. I also get dunned by mail by Proletariat Broadcasting System. I send the form back in if the envelope's postage paid with the same explanation and request. I've even gotten some paperback travelogues for Good Will that way, too. These are not the sharpest tools in the kit.

Gerry N.

Phelps said...

I've met a few vegans; I've never met a healthy one.