Wednesday, November 18, 2009

You really ought to read this

And through my general skittishness and protectiveness, I'm perceiving this as a major-league, big-time question. If you're a woman, you hate her because she's beautiful, famous, happily married, a devoted mother, and strong enough to endure an unending media assault indistinguishable for all intents and purposes from gang rape? Really? You hate her? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? What I know for sure: I don't ever want to be in your bed or have you in any part of my life. You're a cunt.

If you're a man, you hate her because she's beautiful, famous, happily married, a devoted mother, and strong enough to endure an unending media assault indistinguishable for all intents and purposes from gang rape? Really? You hate her? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? What I know for sure: I don't want you as a friend, an in-law, a colleague, a business acquaintance, or even the stranger sitting next to me on a barstool. ...
...

I despise Barack Obama more than I've ever despised any politician. I believe he's a conscious enemy of the United States of America. I don't much like his wife either. But if Republicans did to Michelle Obama and her daughters what Democrats and "nonpartisan" journalists have done to Sarah Palin and her family, I would be outraged to the point of foaming-at-the-mouth fury. It's unspeakable, despicable, so far beneath contempt as to be inhuman.

So what does it really mean that so many highly educated and well connected liberals hate Sarah Palin enough to demand the right to inspect her uterus, endlessly republish Photoshop fakes of her in lewd circumstances, and denounce every single aspect of her identity as a woman, a mother, and a person?

Many thanks to Sondra for pointing to this

No comments: