Thursday, July 23, 2009

When someone asks you a question, and the first thing you say is

'I don't know the facts of the case', then if you've got a brain you shut the hell up; you do NOT accuse the cop and the department of being racists and stupid. As Bill Cosby points out.
“I’ve heard about five different reports [on the details of the arrest],” Cosby said on Boston’s WZLX. “If I’m the president of the United States, I don’t care how much pressure people want to put on it about race, I’m keeping my mouth shut.”

“I was shocked to hear the president making this kind of statement,” Cosby said referring to the president’s remarks during last night’s press conference
.

More information on the incident here, including links to the report that the Boston Globe for some reason scrubbed from their site.

I will point out that from the information available, this professor managed to talk himself into being arrested due to arrogance and general stupidity. You know, I'm quite willing to call 'bullcrap' on a cop when I think he does wrong; I'm also willing to say "You know, professor, if you're so damn smart why didn't you just shut up?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya know, the few times he makes a comment on current events, the Cos seems to have an unusual amount of common sense for an entertainer.

Windy Wilson said...

Yep, Bill Cosby has been one of the 10 most sensible voices in Western Civilization in the last 50 years. And I'm including Winston S. Churchill, Thomas Sowell, Dennis Prager and Shelby Steele