Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Robb finds some PSH

of fairly standard type. If you've got the time and stomach(usual 'little penis, violent, nasty, NRA vile people' crap all comes in), you'll find a couple of things in the comments that just about sum it up:
...And while you NRA folks absolutely have the right to your opinions, you're not going to change any minds here with this kind of angry debate. Blogging creates community, and by barreling in with cold statistics and colder attitudes, you are not going to have any kind of positive effect on the readers of this blog.
"How DARE you bring up nasty facts? How dare you not care more about our feelings?" Etc.
So with that I will close comments. Because this has morphed from civil discussion to antagonistic, disrespectful finger pointing... and now we're talking about dick endowment (no pun intended) wtf.
Uh, who brought that up? Wasn't the gun owners.

6 comments:

the pistolero said...

Like I said on my own blog and in comments at that piece, I don't know where these people get off saying gun owners are compensating for certain things, considering they've never actually SEEN that certain thing. And I'd bet most of us gun owners know that compensation with one's tongue, hands and fingers works much better than compensation with a gun. I know that route's worked for me, at least. ;-)

geekWithA.45 said...

The phenomena is encountered so frequently in these circumstances that it has acquired a name: "Reasoned Discourse (TM)"

Firehand said...

Yep. Very ironic name, but it fits

Anonymous said...

Oh. WOW.

No need to compensate.

the pistolero said...

Well yeah, I know, that's more or less what I was getting at elsewhere, just not here. ;-)
"...I got a bad, bad feelin', my baby, don't live here no more...that's all right, I still got my guitar, look out now!..." uh-huuuh, Jimi Hendrix is the bomb-diggety-shit-nit, yo...

Anonymous said...

LOL!