Sunday, May 24, 2009

I have no idea who to thank for dinner, (updated)

as I saved the recipe but forgot where it was.

Yesterday, somebody pointed to somebody doing interesting things with meat and tomatoes and such, so I hied myself over there and found a recipe for carne guisada, which I've never had. And it sounded good. So I checked the freezer and found a chunk of rump roast(a little bigger than called for, but what the hell), and picked up some tomatoes- had everything else- and made it today. Which is why I'm stuffed; it was good. And there's leftovers for tomorrow at work, which makes it even better.

I'm not going to post the recipe, as I'm hoping desperately to find the blog again so I can point you there. I will say he used meat cut to bite-size pieces; I think next time I'll make long thin slices and make the gravy thicker, the better to wrap up in the tortilla with a pile of cheese.

Update: it's here, found thanks to James. After the sauce was simmering, I added a can of chopped green chilis and a little of Dad's jalapeno relish, just to tweak the flavor a bit.

2 comments:

James R. Rummel said...

Is this what you are looking for?

James

Firehand said...

YES!!

Thanks!