Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Couple of additions to Rules for a Gunfight

There's been various versions of this floating around, but a friend(a cop) sent me a version(from another cop) that included these:
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running. Yell "Fire!" Why "Fire"? Cops will come with the Fire Department, sirens often scare off the bad guys, or at least cause then to lose concentration and will.... and who is going to summon help if you yell "Intruder," "Glock" or "Winchester?"

27. Regardless of whether justified or not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature.


28. The only thing you EVER say afterwards is, "He said he was going to kill me. I believed him. I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm very upset now. I can't say anything more. Please speak with my attorney."

2 comments:

Eldra McCracken said...

This is great advice. Perhaps you would like to post it in my community for women.

BeautifulWarriorWomen.org

It would be very useful.

Eldra

Firehand said...

I see a whole bunch of blogs at the site, are you thinking of a note to a particular one?

Or I can post the whole thing here. Which isn't a bad idea in any case...