Tuesday, March 24, 2009

As Brigid and others like to torment us

by posting recipes, I thought I'd return the favor. It's a very simple pineapple cake that's damn good. No, no pictures as there's not enough left.

Pineapple cake & cream cheese frosting
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 stick oleo or butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1 20oz. crushed pineapple Not drained, it all goes in
1 cup chopped nuts

I soften the butter or melt it for easier mixing, and I use two cups of pecans. Mix it all together, pour into greased 13x9 pan, bake at 350 for 40-45 min. That's it.

For the frosting,
1 stick oleo or butter
8oz cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
Cream it all together & spread over cooled cake.

Usually I don't bother with the frosting, as the cake is damn good by itself. But with the frosting... damn.

The reason for no picture is I baked the cake this afternoon and took it to lodge this evening. Small group made it, but there's only two small pieces left. So if you want to see what it looks like, get to baking.

No comments: