Friday, February 13, 2009

One last note on the supply situation

No, I don't mean rope.

One of the things I did today, while hope for a lane to open up at the range, was look for supplies. I needed some powder and bullets, and since the powder(sometimes bullets) have been a pain in the ass to find lately, ran out west of OKC to a shop in El Reno whose name I can't remember right now(just remembered: Gene Sears). Not a bad drive, and if anybody will have what you need, they will.

So when the nice lady asked could she help me, and I said "Powder and bullets", she said "Let's go into the warehouse and see if we have them."

This is the second time I've been there, and the first time I thought the same thing when we went through the doors: "Screw the pirates, HERE'S the treasure!" Shelves and rows of all kinds of bottles and boxes and shiny.

They had the 2400. They had the Sierra and Gold Dot bullets; low on some powders but everything else in abundance with one exception: primers. Some they were out of, some short on, and she said that for the past while those have been the one component they tend to have trouble getting. So I picked up a brick of what I use the most to go along with the others.

I'll note this place, except for no range, was as busy as H&H was; less firearms but LOTS more reloading stuff.

And now, good night

No comments: