Sunday, February 22, 2009

I have returned,

as if you noticed I was gone.

Out of town visiting family, which is always nice. Though I could have done happily without the cold front that came through the other day.

Dad's got a pretty good-sized garden, and he's got onions out already. Nothing else; still too early. I'm thinking of expanding my garden a bit, which will mean a trip to the topsoil place for about a thousand pounds or so of the stuff to fill in. Still deciding on that.

The day before I left, spent a while working on stuff for Medieval Fair; I could tell it'd been a while since had done that type of stuff, as my hands were aching for a day afterward. Which sucks. The arthritis doesn't help, either. This next couple of months should be a lot of fun in that respect; between weather shifting back & forth and trying to work on more stuff...

I have to admit I didn't miss looking at the news much; it's depressing as hell for the most part. Although the 'tea party' protests are a good sign, and have got to be worrying a lot of politicians, because when people who actually have jobs and pay their bills take time out to attend a protest and tell you what they think of you, that's got to get the attention of the congresscritters.

In any case, things to put away, including the bullets Dad & I sized & lubed while down there. So more tomorrow, assuming I get all the crap taken care of.

No comments: