Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Due to circumstances beyond my control,

since I want to keep paying the bills, I find myself semi-conscious at 0237 in the morning. So, I'll take note of a few things:
Larry Correia's description of the current firearms market:
I found 5 DPMS AP4s yesterday and picked them up from a local cop shop. I brought them into the shop around 3:00, put them on the bound book, and the last one was sold by 6:00. In that same timeframe I sold 2 Sig 556s, a Colt sporter, an Olympic plinker, 2 WASRs, a Golani, an AK made out of railroad ties and plywood by a Pakistani over a campfire from the Khyber Pass, an Airsoft gun, and traded 2 chickens and a bag of rice for a goat. It was a very busy afternoon.
and
Some folks still make me laugh. I love the guys who call and ask how long it will take to get a DPMS AR10 custom with cryo barrel chambered in .267 Huffalump Magnum. They get offened when I tell them that I have no earthly idea. Why, yes sir, I’m sure DPMS is just cranking those out in a time when people are selling their organs and children to get a shot at a rusty Kel-Tec SU16 that’s missing its bolt carrier.
Ok, that's bad.

Bill Whittle got sent to Sexual Harassment Training. And writes about the idiocy involved. When someone else gets to say "It doesn't matter what you actually said or did, or what you intended, I'm upset so you're GUILTY!"...

The Geek speaks on the "You're backordered for HOW LONG?!?" situation:
But this isn't about hunting guns, and everyone with a functional neural net knows it. The racks that were empty used to be filled with fighting rifles, and Americans have, in the last week, literally purchased every functional fighting rifle they can get their hands on, completely depleting the sales pipeline.

You can attribute the behavior to either "hoarding" or "gearing up", but I don't think it matters.

What I do think is very important is that this has actually happened: humpteen zillion arms have been transfered to private hands and scattered all over the nation, with no realistic hope of ever tracing or getting them back. More will follow, as fast as they can be manufactured.I also think that it's very important that this fact can not escaped government notice. It can't possibly escape notice; NICS keeps getting swamped.
Yeah, that do kind of send a message, do it not?

As to that last, it's something that's happened before(as Geek notes; read his whole post), but I hadn't specifically thought of it lately. I should have. An awful lot of people have basically said "Screw you" to the Minions of Government, and those Minions with three working brain cells have to be considering "Even if only a few percent of them actually mean 'I will not surrender my arms, come and get them'... we're in trouble." I have no doubt there are some True Believers In The peasants, er, masses, ah,Citizens Doing What They're Told who'll consider this horribly arrogant of those mere people, and a few of them would probably consider sending in some LE personnel to get shot up to be a suitable way of stirring things up('making the most of a disaster', as it were); most of them, and the non-morons in LE should keep the idiots reined in.

Yes, I actually do think there are some people at the state and federal level who'd think that way; considering what some of these clowns have done in the past, why wouldn't I?

Ok, if this is accurate and correct, this is flat idiotic choice of an endorser. Endorsement? Whichever, dumb, dumb, dumb.

And to close, from Theo:
A Frenchman's comments on American troops:
And combat ? If you have seen Rambo you have seen it all - always coming to the rescue when one of our teams gets in trouble, and always in the shortest delay. That is one of their tricks : they switch from T-shirt and sandals to combat ready in three minutes. Arriving in contact with the ennemy, the way they fight is simple and disconcerting : they just charge ! They disembark and assault in stride, they bomb first and ask questions later - which cuts any pussyfooting short.
and
Five Reasons Computers Are Female....
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.

2. Even your smallest mistakes are immediately committed to memory for future reference.
3. The native language used to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
4. The message “Bad command or filename” is about as informative as “If you don’t know why I’m mad at you, then I’m certainly not going to tell you.”
5. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your salary on accessories for it.

No comments: