Thursday, October 16, 2008

I wrote to both my congresscritters this morning

telling them what I think about the current results of the Pork, Payoff and Bribes Bill. Yes, I was polite. No, I do not write 'The Honorable' in the address or any other of that bullcrap; they're our EMPLOYEES, dammit, since when am I supposed to crawl when I speak to them?

I just got a canned response from Coburn, basically "We had to act or the world would end." So I just sent asking him why, if it was so damned important, they had to lard all the bribes and payoffs and pork into it?

You know, this is just freakin' disgusting, on a level hard to find words for. Countrywide Dodd and Fannie Mae Frank, complicit in causing the problem, corrupt, and still in Congress with their hands all over this crap. And further in our pockets. And the excuse we still get is "We had to act NOW!!!"

Lampposts, ropes, politicians...

Oh, saw part of the Glenn Beck show last night. There was a segment with a retired FBI weenie talking about how the government is 'monitoring the internet to keep an eye on 'militia' types who may cause problems after the election'. You ever wondered if a lot of us are on a list, I think you can end your doubts.

Beck asked him if the FBI(mentioned as the agency primarily involved in the monitoring) could be trusted not to let politics shape their actions, and the weenie informed him 'of all the agents I knew over my career, none of them would do that'. WHich means, considering what's come out over the last few years, he either worked only with paragons of virtue, he's blind, or he's lying.

Can we add bureaucrats to the list? Not nearly enough lampposts, but there's always trees, and cranes...

2 comments:

BobG said...

"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged."
-G.K. Chesterton

Anonymous said...

I'll go with "lied" myself.
emdfl