Sunday, February 11, 2007

Do you worry about stuff?

I don't mean "The damn refrigerator just died" or solid 'something is wrong' things like that, I mean about crap that hasn't happened? And may not, but you worry about it anyway?

I tend to. Damn tired of it, too.

Once upon a time, didn't do it. Then various things happened(marriage, kids, etc.) and I'd start thinking "What if ..." 'If' being the car breaking, house breaking, illness or injury. And if you get started, it's hard to break it. And what makes it worse, is it's generally little crap, or something that- if it did happen- wouldn't be a world-ending thing.

'Course, at the time I started, an awful lot seemed like a near-world-ending thing. When there's a serious illness, new kids, a combination of the above and etc., anything can seem a lot worse than it really is. Problem is, if you get started in the worry habit, it's hard to stop.

It's gotten better over the years, but I still tend to do it; when I'm stressed in particular. And it still sucks.

No comments: