Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bill Clinton just can't help himself, can he?

Through Toys in the Attic I found this article on ol' Bill in Nevada. Two main points:
"The Democratic Party has become the liberal and conservative party in America. If you want to be fiscally conservative, you've got to be for us. If you want to conserve natural resources, you've got to be for us," he said. "If you want a change of course in Iraq ... you've got to be for us."

Let's see, the 'liberal AND conservative party'? WTF? 'Fiscally conservative'? Oh, come ON, what has he been smoking? 'Course, he IS correct about the 'change of course in Iraq' bit, since they plan on turning tail and running fast as they can.

Here's the other: Clinton also attacked Republican tax cuts, describing a repeal of the estate tax as the GOP's top legislative priority.

"They may think I should be able to give Chelsea every nickel, but I don't," Clinton said.

You lying sack of crap. If you want to hand over your fortune to the gummint you can any time you want to. You won't; I'll bet you've got it tied up in trusts and investments in a way that would make Buffet proud so you can shelter it from taxes, yet you come out and say crap like this.

I propose a new law: anybody who says "I shouldn't be able to leave my kids what I earned" should immediately have all assets seized by the feds. Then they can actually live up to their words.

No comments: