Saturday, August 05, 2006

If it's not there already, (updated at the bottom)

put Hornady on your list of good places to do business with.

I've had several pieces of their equipment for reloading over time, and it's all worked well. With no problems, no need to find out about customer service.

Until now

My own damn fault, I was depriming/resizing my .45 brass from the last trip to the range and didn't notice there were some .380 cases mixed in, and one was inside a .45 and when I tried to deprime...

So I said words, then figured I'd get a new pin the next day or two. Except that the decapping rod had the pin set in permanently, no way to replace it. So I looked up the Hornady site looking for the rod assembly. Not listed. So I sent a message to their customer service asking about it. Next day, I had a response saying "We'll replace it at no charge with the new Zip Spindle for your 45 ACP die set. The Zip Spindles are designed with the pins separate from the spindle. What is your address?"

That was on the second. It was in the mail today; the new zip spindle which includes the new collet nut AND a spare pin.

Can't ask for better support than that.

Update: I just remembered one other time I had to contact Hornady. I've got one of their priming tools(put in the correct shellholder, dump primers in the tray, snap on the cover and start squeezing), and a couple of years ago I broke it. Got a little 'enthusiastic' taking the cover off and the split pin that holds it in place broke one leg off. As I recall I sent to them asking "do you have it, can I get one, how much?" and once they'd made sure of the piece in question simply sent "We'll replace it under warranty, what's your address?"

Again, my fault, they made it right. Quickly. Service like that is a Good Thing.
(especially when you do things like this...)

No comments: