Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hopefully, the enviro-argument is over,

after the last few e-mails from that friend. They had asked why I wasn't willing to 'see the other side'; I pointed out I'd read a lot of stuff, and pointed out that, among others, Bjorn Lomborg, who had quite good credentials as both a scientist and enviro-type, had pointed out lots of progress had been made, etc. This brought a response that caused me to throw up my hands and give up. Friend had contacted the environmental science student daughter for information, and daughter had sent her the information on ONE of the hearings on Lomborg. The one where he was derided as a phony, of course(can you say 'PC Science'?); no mention of the later hearing where he was exonerated and the first board chewed out royally for their methods.

So today I sent a link to that and said didn't want to argue this any more; would be happy to talk about and dispute other things, but not this. Remember the saying "Don't try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig"? That's where this was at, and I ain't wasting any more time on it.

No comments: