Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Acidman goodbye

It's possible you never saw his place; he called it Gut Rumbles, and he wrote about everything, including every damn thing in his life, good and bad, past, present and possible future. Once worked a lot with acids; thus he used Acidman as a moniker.

He died the other day; between health problems, despair and- in the current 'I feel like I'm gonna get stomped' situation- the IRS, I think his system just wore down.

I once wrote in a comment somewhere about him that it's amazing how someone you know solely from a blog, a few pictures and a few e-mails could come to touch you. He reminded me a bit of Jed Clampett(had Jed had a seedy youth playing in bars), had that same southern country gentleman attitude. Though a lot more rough-tongued about things, without question.

There's a bunch of people posting on what he meant to them, and how they'll miss him, like here, and here, and here. There's not much on that line to say that someone else probably hasn't said better.

Like Og said, athiest or not, he's in my prayers. 'Bye, Rob.

No comments: