Friday, April 07, 2006

Saved!

Biscuits rescued from fate worse than baking!

Wanted to use Steve's recipe to make biscuits to go with some leftover roast and gravy for dinner. So measured the flour, measured out the bacon grease and cut it in, started to add the milk and- CRAP! I used regular flour, not the self-rising!

Ok, this is bad, this will produce hockey pucks instead of delicious biscuits. So in the spirit of "It Can't Hurt", I added two tablespoons of baking powder and a little baking soda and mixed them in. Then added enough milk to make the dough stickier than usual so I could knead it a few times to make sure the stuff was mixed in, kneaded it, then rolled it out and cut & baked as usual.

And shazam!














These are what's left. Came out great.

I shall now buy myself a chef's hat.

No comments: