Sunday, April 16, 2006

Back from Texas

Friends in good shape, nice trip. Amazingly, no really bad traffic either way except for a backup- about ten minutes worth- on 820 in Fort Worth, for a Friday hardly worth mentioning.

I have to give advice to those of you who may not be aware of this: Cabela's is evil. Probably not just the store north of Fort Worth, but all of them. EVIL, I tell you. You walk in there and almost wherever you look are things calling out to you, "Buy me! Take me home!" And there were SALES on, dammit, and clearance bins! I made it out with my hide intact, but just barely.

And just to give Kim some warm & fuzzy feelings, the folks I stayed with I helped get started back to shooting a while back, and helped pick out their sidearms. Which are still happy members of the family. Sniff. It's always emotional to know you helped someone attain the status of 'prepared goblin-whacker'.

So I'm home, and the sprinkler's on in the back yard, the dogs are fed and petted. I've got some reading to do.

No comments: