Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blogroll additions, and no new forging for a while

I just discovered these two tonight. I was looking over comments and checked their homepages and wow! good stuff here!

The King at Pirates! Man your women! and
the man at South Park Pundit.

Now I've got to find time to read all their stuff.

On the forging front, between weather and time and so forth haven't been able to do much for a while. Right now it's turned cold, and standing in the wind trying to work on thin pieces- like decorative scrolls and blades- doesn't work too well; they cool off damn fast when the temp is in the 40's-50's and the breeze is whistling along. On top of that, it's been pretty dry around here, and the whole state is under an outdoor burn ban. I could probably get by with the forge, but between the dry and the wind, I'm not taking the chance. The weather this time of year can run from 30's to 70's for highs and teens to about 50 for lows; so if we get some rain there may still be some days I can light it off and do some hammering. We'll see.

No comments: