Monday, October 17, 2005

It's really been that long?

Not that, the time. I realized the other day I've been running this blog for just over a year. I started a diary once when I was a kid, and I think that lasted about three days, so this is the longest journal-type thing I've ever done.

Big reason I started this was the smithing; it seemed like a good way to pass on some of what I've learned over the years, and it's done that well. It looked like fun, and it's been that, too. At least at times. And it did something I didn't really think about; it put me in contact with all kinds of people. Some of whom said how wonderful I was, some who told me I was an idiot(I've never managed to be called a fascist warmonger as yet, but I'm hoping), and lots of in-between. I've received good information on a variety of subjects, and passed ideas and how-to's along. Overall, it's been a good thing.

It's also been my soapbox. I can stand here and tell the world- at least the part of it that reads this mess- what I think of things. I can deliver insult and invective where appropriate, and I can say "Damn, go look at this! It's Great!", or "Only go here if you aren't worried about losing brain cells simply due to the proximity of the idiocy you'll find here". There's been a couple of times I thought I might have to post a "Gone to emergency room/surgery/whatever, back when able" but that's never worked out. Happily.

Right now, there's been over 21,000 hits, including some from Japan, South Africa and various places in Europe. Which makes this a big damn soapbox, long may it hold together.

Right now it's getting late, and the medication for a back problem is making me tired, so I think I'll go scratch dog ears for a bit. 'Night, all.

No comments: