Sunday, May 08, 2005

The self-propelled ferret toy

Went over to see my kids the other day and met the newest four-legged member of their household: my ex got a long-haired teacup chihuahua. It's black and tan, fits in my hand with room to spare and has ears that make me wonder what would happen if you put him on a leash and took him out in a high wind...

First thing I said was "It's a perambulating pipe cleaner- no, it's a ferret chew-toy!" A ferret they had once before kept dragging a kitten to a corner with his other toys and got annoyed when it wouldn't stay there. My daughter's cats ignore this beast, and the ferrets weren't real sure what to make of it, partly because when it has the chance it likes to jump on them(three times bigger than it is) and chew on their tails. By the end of the time I was there it and one of the weasels were chasing each other around quite happily, so we'll see.

At least it doesn't yap all the time. I hate the little mutts that do that.

2 comments:

Cowboy Blob said...

Post pics of the ferrets!

Cowboy Blob said...

Post pics of the ferrets!