Monday, April 18, 2005

Well, crap

I spent a large part of the day on a ladder cleaning out the last three drain channel sections on the carport. They were so solidly clogged that I had to cut another hole to do it. So out came the hole saw, whine went the drill, and went to work the the gutter blaster.

That got one channel clear, the other two I had to take a stiff wire with a hook on the end and start fishing crap out. Leaves, bits of plastic bag, small pieces of old shingle...

And bird nests. Two of them, with a total of four dead baby birds. Damn, damn, damn. If I'd know there were nests there, I'd have held off on those for a month or so until the little ones could get out. But I flat could not see any way they could have, so I went ahead. I hate it when something like that happens. It was a stupid damn place for a nest, because the first hard rain they'd have flooded and killed them, but I still hate it.

No comments: