Sunday, April 10, 2005

One thing that pisses me off about some gun makers

I bought a Sig Trailside a few years ago, and overall it's a nice piece. However...

You ever tried to buy spare magazines for this thing?!? It's a molded polymer magazine, I can't imagine it being any big deal to make, but the pistol only comes with one. You want a spare? I found one at a gun show about a year after I bought it, for $22. It turned out to be mismarked, it should have been $32, but they sold it to me for the marked price.

I went to a show Saturday. That same damn magazine is now selling for almost $50! For a bloody molded polymer mag! You can buy a Wilson Combat or McCormick Powermag for a .45 for half that!

First, there's no excuse for a company being so damn cheap they only supply one mag with a gun. Second, there's no excuse for a mag like this costing so damn much.

It's enough to ruin your whole attitude.

No comments: