Thursday, April 21, 2005

If this isn't true, it ought to be!

A friend just sent this to me:

In case you haven't seen this yet, here's a quote from an email that floated through here today. It's from a
Government employee who witnessed a recent interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester
in a Metro station in DC:
"...there were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined
to take one. An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young(20ish) female protester
offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined. The young protester put her hand on the old woman's
shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, "Ma'am, don't you care about the children of
Iraq?" The old woman looked up at her and said, "Honey, my first husband died in France during World War II
so you could have the right to stand her and bad mouth your country. And if you touch me again, I'll stick this
umbrella up your ass and open it."

Sounds about right.

No comments: