Thursday, January 20, 2005

Robert Byrd really sucks rocks

I have not liked this man for a long time. Before I knew of his Klan associations I didn't like him; something about his constantly looting the rest of the country so he can put his name on another bridge or stretch of highway or something. Then I found out about his happy(for him)time in the Klan and association with it since he "officially" left it. Including this from a letter:
"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

And now, "Senator Robert Byrd, an outspoken critic of the Iraq war, announced late [Wednesday] that he would not allow the Senate to approve Ms. Rice without a few days of consideration of her lengthy testimony, and at least a token debate on the floor," reports the New York Times.

Trent Lott made a comment at a birthday party for an old man and had his ass handed to him for it. Byrd says and does things that would have had Lott being measured for handcuffs or a noose, and his party defends him, over and over.

Found at Michelle Malkin's place

(No, I'm not defending Lott. I'm bitching about the double standard)

No comments: